Jared, Anna, Sawyer & Weagle

Thursday, June 23, 2011

On CLOUD 9 at STONEY RIVER

This is a follow up to my birthday surprise.  The night of my birthday, Jared took me to two of my favorite places in Roswell.  First, we went to Stoney River which is a delicious steak house.  The number one reason we love this place is because of their "heavenly balls" (what we call them).  They are actually called stone puppies which is cute too but these bread balls actually taste as though they fell from heaven! :)  They are shaped like doughnut holes that you would get from Dunkin' Donuts.  They are a little sweet and made with poppy seeds.  The best part is the honey butter served with them.  These things are to die for!!!

heavenly balls!!!
I then ordered my usual, filet mignon with au gratin potatoes and sauteed mushrooms...mmm!!!  If you are there to celebrate anything (birthday, anniversary, etc) they bring you a complimentary piece of chocolate ganache cake which is the size of my head!


We followed up dinner with a trip to Cloud 9.  I know these little self serve yogurt shops are popping up all over the place, but Cloud 9 blows them all of the water in my opinion.  I have to go there once a week and it doesn't help that it is located on the same road as my school.  My favorite flavor is the pistachio...it doesn't sound good but it is so creamy and yummy!  You can then, of course, pick all of your toppings.  Another aspect that sets them apart from all the rest is that they serve unique cupcakes such as pina colada, key lime, snickers, etc.  It also isn't a chain which is nice and the owner is always so cheerful and welcoming!  I'm sure you'll hear me talk more about Cloud 9 in other posts...at least it's yogurt so it's somewhat light! :)
ALL GONE!

0 comments:

Post a Comment